Wednesday, March 27, 2013

How to Be a Good Client



            My former supervisor, Dr. Ryan Howes, writes a blog for Psychology Today and several years ago wrote a popular post on how to get the most out of therapy. I think it is an important issue because sometimes people do not know how to be a “good client.” Being a good client does not mean you are all friendly smiles and happy thoughts, it just means that you benefit greatly from the experience of therapy. The link to the entire post is included below but here is a snippet of a few tips he suggests:
1) Arrive 10 minutes early for your session so that you can relax and prepare for the session.
2) Ask questions when you think of them. Do not worry about asking the wrong question. Let your therapist decide whether or not they want to answer your question.
3) Allow yourself to change. All clients want to change in therapy but change is uncomfortable, if not outright frightening. Prepare yourself to completely change who you are.

1 comment:

FIFA 15 Coins said...

but only if I'd the entire content of what I needed: at this stage.just a rope.plus a lure.MinecraftZ.Over the north road I discover a pickaxe and chisel some stones from your boulder.You may use eight these stones to enhance a campfire.though I just have enough room to cart two.I eventually come upon the long row of garages again.finding every one of them closed.I open the very first.find some rope.attach it to my pole.and pause to nibble on some collected apples and drink some water.

FIFA 15 Coins PS3
FIFA 15 Coins Xbox 360