Wednesday, February 15, 2006

And we wept

Originally posted April 26th, 2005.

It was a very sad day today. One of my teammates died Saturday night in a car accident. I don't know any details but I know it's been a solemn reminder of the frailty of life. James Walsh was just a freshman and was so young but his life ended tragically. Our team as a whole truly misses him. It's a real reminder that we must firmly grab on to our lives for as long as we are here.

My faith in God has taught me that we are meant for more than what we see in this world. Some people see the pain and suffering in the world and ask, "Where are you God." I see the pain and suffering and say, "So there you are God." It is in my misery that I find God because he is my comfort. I do not rely on a conception of God or something in my imagination that I use to self-soothe. No - God is real. His strength is real. His comfort is real. His love is real.

We often live in ignorance of God but he is always there. He will always love us. We will always need him. And he will always be there.

James Walsh (6/7/86 - 4/23/05)
May the all-loving God comfort his family and friends.

No comments: