Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Issuing in a new era

Originally posted April 14th, 2005.

For my loyal blog readers (and friends in general) I wanted to let you all know that this Fall I will be attending Fuller Theological Seminary in pursuit of a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology. En route I will also receive a Masters of Arts in Psychology and a Masters of Arts in Christian Leadership (Yes it is a Christian school). The program takes about 6 years to compete and the average student leaves with $100,000 in debt. It is a serious decision that will hopefully lead me into a fairly well paying job that is personally challenging, emotionally fulfilling, and community-building. I am venturing into a frontier that is quite unknown to me. I personally believe that one "should let no debt remain outstanding except for the continuining debt to love one another." Therefore, I see this experience as an investment which I must faithfully pursue and, all the while, remain cognizant of my financial duties. I appreciate your prayers and look forward to this new era in my life.

No comments: